I have built an application with the following architecture:

1. Two llb's saved for distribution. These were saved using the "save with options" method so there are a few VI.lib VI's that are in both llb's.

2. One EXE that loads VI's from each llb using the VI server.

The intent is to implement a "plug in" type of architecture. The llb's can be individually updated.

When the EXE is run, the VI search message box pops up until all VI's have been found. I would prefer that this message box is not displayed. I suspect that this is due to there being multiple copies of VI.lib VI's. Is there an INI file setting to accomplish this?

Using LabVIEW 6.1.

Thanks!

Update:

I used the application builder to create exe's for each of the LLB's. There are VI's in the LLB's that call the "lvanlys.dll" and "lvdaq.dll" dll's. I specified in the application builder to put these dll's in the same destination directory as the exe's. Now the "search dialog" is not displayed when the main application is started.

The only difference between the LLB's and the exe's is that I used the application builder and not "save with options".

So it appears the "search dialog" was being displayed as a result of the dll's not being where LabVIEW thought they were. Building an application must save the appropriate link to any dll's that are used.

Comments?

Thanks!

The same loading dialog will popup even when the files are there if you loading a bunch of them or if the computer is slow. You can completely avoid it regardless by using a splash screen which displays a picture usually, then opens a VI Reference to the top level VIs you want to call (which loads them in the background without the dialog you were talking about) and then once everything is loaded the top-level VI's are called to run and the splash screen VI exits, leaving the top-level apps running. There is a splash screen example program somewhere on NI's website.

• 4 weeks later...
I have built an application with the following architecture:

1. Two llb's saved for distribution. These were saved using the "save with options" method so there are a few VI.lib VI's that are in both llb's.

2. One EXE that loads VI's from each llb using the VI server.

The intent is to implement a "plug in" type of architecture. The llb's can be individually updated.

When the EXE is run, the VI search message box pops up until all VI's have been found. I would prefer that this message box is not displayed. I suspect that this is due to there being multiple copies of VI.lib VI's. Is there an INI file setting to accomplish this?

Using LabVIEW 6.1.

Thanks!

To suppress the file dialog for missing VIs, add this to your applications INI file:

suppressFileDlgForMissingVIs=TRUE

Note -- this works for the development environment (if added to LabVIEW.ini) but you usually wouldn't want to do this.