Boolean and event structure

epiz

I am aware you can attach a button to an event structure and when clicked it will perform said event. Is it possible to have two buttons in the same event structure(I don't think its possible but want to confirm). 

Lets say one of the events is to read data from a device and it displays on the vi. Is it possible to just create another event that can simply just pull that said data and write it to a file?

Thanks

14 hours ago, epiz said:

Is it possible to have two buttons in the same event structure(I don't think its possible but want to confirm).

Yes. One event can be triggered by as many buttons as you want.

image.png.48e2d287dac15fe2c5b69499698a0e3c.png

14 hours ago, epiz said:

Lets say one of the events is to read data from a device and it displays on the vi. Is it possible to just create another event that can simply just pull that said data and write it to a file?

Technically yes but this is bad design because it would have to go through the UI thread, which is super slow.

There are more robust ways to do that. Please take a look at the "Continuous Measurement and Logging" project template that ships with LabVIEW.

No. The image shows how to assign multiple event sources to a single event case in the Event Structure.

You would have to create a custom user event and handle it in another event case to be able to do what you describe. It is just not a good solution for your particular usecase.