Hide/Show button decal

rkehn

I know that you can right click a button to show/hide the decal but can this be done with code?

Seems like there should be a property for this...

Thanks,

Roger

6090[/snapback]

I couldn't find one. But you can make a forground version of the control without a decal

and a background version (right under it) with a decal, and turn on/off the background control.

It looks the same.

Or you can extract the decal and use it as a decoration and a Vi reference to find and control it.

But that seems like the long way around.

Maybe vi scripting has somthing but that's even longer, and can only be used on an inactive vi (not at run time) and is not offically supported by NI.

see attached vi for options 1 and 2.

What is your application? I can't think of one.

-Bill

Download File:post-2910-1126462756.vi

• 6 months later...
The decal is a click-able part of the button -- a floating decoration will not be click-able, which will aggravate users.

Something must be screwed up with my LV 7.0 because I have a nice big std round Green LED button with decal (which is easy to show/hide by popup) and no effect when I click on it. I haven't had my 15 cup of coffee today, so I'm a little slow. Did clickable decals come in 7.1+ ?

Something must be screwed up with my LV 7.0 because I have a nice big std round Green LED button with decal (which is easy to show/hide by popup) and no effect when I click on it. I haven't had my 15 cup of coffee today, so I'm a little slow. Did clickable decals come in 7.1+ ?

Don't think your coffee is involved, I hadn't any yet too...

...but I tried to click on the decal of a "huge" LED-button in LV7.1.1... and nothing happens: The decal seems not to be clickable.