Getting an jpeg image from a panel

Fernandotid

Hi verybody.

I'm newby. I have a waveform graph in my front panel. Once I ran my main VI, I get a certain graph on the waveform graph in my fornt panel. What I want to do is, once I have generated the graph, I want to create an jpeg image file of that graph of the fornt pannel. Is it possible to make it? If yes, how can I do this?

Thanks a lot :headbang:

Hi verybody.

I'm newby. I have a waveform graph in my front panel. Once I ran my main VI, I get a certain graph on the waveform graph in my fornt panel. What I want to do is, once I have generated the graph, I want to create an jpeg image file of that graph of the fornt pannel. Is it possible to make it? If yes, how can I do this?

Thanks a lot :headbang:

6107[/snapback]

Fernandotid,

The easy, but not necessarily the cheapest, way to do this programmatically is to purchase the NI LabVIEW Internet Toolkit (777343-01 for the windows version, $495 in the USA). Once this is installed you will have the following pallet:

post-2931-1126579775.jpg?width=400

You can also (manually) use the Print... command and print to a html file, either as a jpeg or png. I don't immediately see an easy way to automate this using Labview 6.1, but that doesn't mean its not possible...

Now, if you don't need to do this automatically/programmatically, AND only periodically need to do this on demand, AND don't have the resources on hand to purchase the Internet Toolkit, you can do this manually. Just simultaneously hit the <Alt> key and the <Print Screen> on your keyboard with the desired window selected and up front, then open a decent image/jpeg handling program (IrfanView is a favorite of mine), manually paste in the image, and save it as a jpeg.

Maybe someone familiar with the OpenG project would know if there is an OpenG routine to do this without purchasing toolkits from NI?

Regards,

-Pete Liiva

You could also use the 'Get Panel Image' method on the VI and the 'Write JPEG file.VI' to do this:

post-311-1126589438.png?width=400

You will have to supply the correct reference to the VI whose image you want to capture. 

-Khalid

6116[/snapback]

Khalid, this is correct however it appears Fernandotid has LV61 so the solution is slightly different since that method changed in LV70. Also, there is a method that operates ONLY on the ctrl of interest. No need to capture the entire panel, only the graph. Find an image attached of how to do this in 61.

post-2-1126591506.gif?width=400

PS. Fernandotid, considering the Forums just saved you $495, ;) why not donate some of your new found wealth to LAVA?

Khalid, this is correct however it appears Fernandotid has LV61 so the solution is slightly different since that method changed in LV70. Also, there is a method that operates ONLY on the ctrl of interest. No need to capture the entire panel, only the graph. Find an image attached of how to do this in 61.

post-2-1126591506.gif?width=400

PS. Fernandotid, considering the Forums just saved you $495,  ;)   why not [url="https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=paypal%40lavausergroup.org&item_name=Donate+to+LAVA+Forums&no_note=1&tax=0