Saved data on Mixed Signal Graph crashes Labview (2022 and 2023 Q3) - any way to clear data without opening VI?

bobenose

As per the title - I have a VI that has a large saved data set in a mixed signal graph, that, unfortunately, turns out to crash Labview every time the VI is opened, (or even the VI properties are accessed) - can't even drop the VI in the block diagram of another VI without crashing LV.

Any tricks to clearing the front panel graph data without having to open the VI ?    Its a 6 or so plot mixed signal plot (4 analog, 2 digital with ~20 digital waveforms in the digital plots)  and the saved file is about 22MB (not that big) - but to say the Mixed Signal Graph's performance and behavior is 'poor' is an understatament.

Thoughts and pointers appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hi Darren - I am still having issues with this -- I have upgraded to 2023 Q3 Patched -- the VI is rather large (poor choice on my part to save the data... I had reasons...) How is the best way I can get this to you?

Happy Holidays,  I realize it may be a bit before I hear from you  (despite my delay in response, this is still an important concern for my current research needs)

Edited by bobenose