FPGA module -Implementation of control algorithms

I don't think you're going to find an easy way to transfer this automagically to FPGA. You're going to have to break it down into developing your own nth order derivative and integral functions. Are you using compact RIO? If you don't need a crazy fast loop rate, you should be able to simulate your FPGA code as HIL running in RT which would make the development a little faster.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 12:50 AM, infinitenothing said:

I don't think you're going to find an easy way to transfer this automagically to FPGA. You're going to have to break it down into developing your own nth order derivative and integral functions. Are you using compact RIO? If you don't need a crazy fast loop rate, you should be able to simulate your FPGA code as HIL running in RT which would make the development a little faster.

Thank you very much for your reply! I'm using a compact RIO.I have to implement this control algorithm on the FPGA side. May I ask how this is realized as you said( break it down into developing your own nth order derivative and integral functions) Can you give me a simple example?  thanks.😃

On 3/29/2024 at 12:50 AM, infinitenothing said:

Can I use this module directly? Is it possible to implement a control algorithm by discretising all the transfer functions in the graph and representing them with this module?

WC66$1IVURB4DXBDD)HLIWB.png

• 2 weeks later...

I don't quite recognize that node. It looks a bit like a delay node.

Regarding the transfer function, you can always use something like the central difference to approximate the derivative and simpson's rule to approximate an integral. Once you have those, you can take the derivative of the derivative to get the higher order derivatives and so forth.  Here's an example using slightly simpler approximations:

transfer function.png

15 hours ago, infinitenothing said:

I don't quite recognize that node. It looks a bit like a delay node.

Regarding the transfer function, you can always use something like the central difference to approximate the derivative and simpson's rule to approximate an integral. Once you have those, you can take the derivative of the derivative to get the higher order derivatives and so forth.  Here's an example using slightly simpler approximations:

transfer function.png

Firstly, thank you very much for your reply. Please forgive me for uploading the wrong image, what I meant to upload was actually this. Its name is Discrete Transfer Function Direct VI. Also could you please tell me which transfer function is expressed in the example you gave? I'm sorry. I'm probably stupid.

MQ{24FERV@5YVQ%QH8_B~KJ.png