Class Browser for LabVIEW

Looks like Brian's been busy. It's great to see LabVIEW VI Scripting used in a real product. I guess LAVA Members should be getting their complimentary unlocked, password free, unlimited use version soon?

Its look very interesting. :)

Hey it says:

"Free: The first release is free

$FREE

ClassBrowserBox.png

"

Cool

I will try this.

BTW, this new LAVA forum RTF (Rich text Format) editor is very cool. One can litterally drag and drop selected item in post editor window and flot them around. Nice! :thumbup:

Looks like Brian's been busy. It's great to see LabVIEW VI Scripting used in a real product. I guess LAVA Members should be getting their complimentary unlocked, password free, unlimited use version soon?

I was wondering why I was getting hits. :thumbup: Yes I have been busy, but not busy enough to meet my 9/30 available date (at least not yet). I am planning on working on completing the release this afternoon and will post back when it is ready. The delay is because I am using a beta version of another Toolkit that I have been working on and need to protect it.

FYI, the DataAct Class Browser doesn't use any scripting. I may have used a little scripting ;) to get all the information, but it has all been compiled and stored in a file. The browser just reads the data from the file. This is necessary in order to show what is different between versions and with and with out scripting enabled.

I made my deadline! There is a zip version available for download and yes this release is FREE. The "Download Now" button will allow immediate download of the file without having to set up an account. But if you have an extra minute or two (or if you want to get product updates) please set up an account.

As a little incentive to those that go through the trouble of creating an account I have enabled a coupon "LAVA50" (no quotes) that can be entered for 50% off of DataAct Version Chooser. This coupon will expire on October 5th 2005.

Have a great weekend,

Brian

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the duplication for those that also follow info-LabVIEW

I finally got around to updating the DataAct Class Browser for LabVIEW 8, and while I was at it I have added a few enhancements:

- Create property and method nodes with selected attributes (LV 7.1 and greater only)

- Context Help display (index seems to be off in LV 8)

- Updated icons for classes

- Reverse hierarchy for property and methods (selected class are now at the top)

- Private and Scripting properties and methods included (LV7.1 Private and Scripting are not distinguished ..too much work)

This version is only a beta release and will expire at the end of May, but I do plan on cleaning it up and releasing again before then.

A few words of warning:

1) Just because you can create a private or scripting node, doesn't mean that you should use them! If you are curious, be sure to save any changes before trying.

2) If you don't want to use scripting, then don't press the "Create" button. All the scripting code is dynamically loaded so if you only want to browse the class hierarchy there is no need to worry.

3) The class hierarchy and/or properties or methods may be wrong, if you notice a mistake please send me a note

4) Since the class hierarchy didn't change much between 7.0 and 7.1 I have only included 7.1 and 8.0

5) The create uses the mouse coordinates to get the dropped node, but if you drop and move the mouse quickly, the incorrect node may be changed. If that happens, just use the Undo!

6) This version is password protected - sorry, but I don't have time to protect just the pieces

Here's the link:

DataAct Class Browser

Brian

Here's a screen shot of the new version

post-987-1145052078.png?width=400

• 1 month later...
snip...

This version is only a beta release and will expire at the end of May, but I do plan on cleaning it up and releasing again before then.

I am in the process of adding GOOP classes to the browser and haven't completed yet, so I have extended this trial period to the end of July. Just extract over the previous versions.

Here's the link:

DataAct Class Browser

Thanks,

Brian

• 1 month later...
I am in the process of adding GOOP classes to the browser and haven't completed yet, so I have extended this trial period to the end of July. Just extract over the previous versions.

Here's the link:

DataAct Class Browser

Thanks,

Brian

The good news is that I been working on another inheritance proposal for dqGOOP, but the bad news is that I haven't worked on the browser. I have extended the trial period to the end of Dec 2006.

I also fixed the problem that the browser calls AppExit when the trial is expired instead of Stop. (The former is used in built applications, while the later is for running in the dev environment.)

The link is the same as before:

DataAct Class Browser

• 2 years later...