How do you poll device for commands (Wavetek Model 81)

EricWijen

Hello,

I have a Wavetek Model 81 function generator that I was given to work with. Problem is, there is no manual and Fluke/Wavetek wants $238 for a replacement (they must be really proud of it). The NI M&A can find it and communicate with it. My question is, what if any, commands are there to determine the control commands for the various functions? Even better, does anyone have some vi's for this guy?

Thanks,

Eric

I have some VIs you can use to get you started. I also have a manual I could scan into a pdf for you. I'm attaching the VIs in the zip. These are currently being used here so they should work. They are rather old don't follow the device driver style usually used but it should get you started. Let me know if you want the manual scanned too.Download File:post-2473-1129065255.zip

I have some VIs you can use to get you started. I also have a manual I could scan into a pdf for you. I'm attaching the VIs in the zip. These are currently being used here so they should work. They are rather old don't follow the device driver style usually used but it should get you started. Let me know if you want the manual scanned too.Download File:post-2473-1129065255.zip
Thanks for the contribution to the forums... this type of generosity makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... :wub:

Thank you very much! I am still searching for the manual but I certainly don't expect you to scan yours.

The generator isn't really all that complicated, I just needed some internal commands to make it dance.

Thanks,

Eric

Thank you very much! I am still searching for the manual but I certainly don't expect you to scan yours.

The generator isn't really all that complicated, I just needed some internal commands to make it dance.

Thanks,

Eric

No it's not to complicated but the manual may help if you get stuck. It isn't too big of a deal to scan it so let me know.

• 4 years later...