Is it possible to create real-time video streaming over 1Mbit with Lab-View

Kalle

Is it possible to create an real time Video streaming with low latency (less then 0,5 sec) using a normal PCI video card (TV card).

One important issue, Only using 1Mbit (max 2Mbit) upload..

I'm gonna remotely control a engine, so latency is important :)

* One more thing, I also need the video to be shown in 640 x 480 and to be possible to watch full screen.

Thanks!

Kalle

Is it possible to create an real time Video streaming with low latency (less then 0,5 sec) using a normal PCI video card (TV card).

One important issue, Only using 1Mbit (max 2Mbit) upload..

I'm gonna remotely control a engine, so latency is important :)

* One more thing, I also need the video to be shown in 640 x 480 and to be possible to watch full screen.

Thanks!

Kalle

No!!!!

640*480 pixels = 300k pixels then make this color so you have probably at least 24 bits makes it already 900 k bytes and then real time means 25 frames per second at least, so do the math. Not to mention that you need at least double the network bandwidth of what you want to put through it.

There are solutions to get real time video of this size through a normal network but they are special streaming protocols with patented compression algorithmes and not suited to be implemented in LabVIEW at all, aside from the royalities you would have to pay for such a solution.

Rolf Kalbermatter