Problem with Zoom to Fit on WavefromGraph

I have a kind of "graph display gadget" that I've developed for reuse -- I can spawn multiple copies of it via VI Server, and it displays a scalable graph of whatever data file I point it to. But it has developed a problem that is driving me batty :headbang: . Perhaps somebody here can shed some light on it.

The problem is this: all the zoom tools (in the graph palette) work fine EXCEPT that the "zoom to fit" is completely nonfunctional. When I select it, the WaveformChart just simply doesn't respond. The behavior is the same both when the VI is running, and when the VI is in Edit Mode, and is not affected by the number of data points or number of plots in the indicator.

I've toggled virtually every property of the indicator both through the Properties dialog and programmatically, and nothing makes the Zoom to Fit come back to life. I even tried replacing the indicator with a brand new identical one, but the problem is still there. (That, I suppose, points to something in my code.)

Furthermore, the it USED to work. Several changes happened in the code, however, between when it worked and when I noticed it was broken (and none of the intermediate ones are in CVS :oops: ). I'm about to start a diff between the old and new versions, but thought I'd throw this post up in parallel.

So my question is this: Is this situation at all familiar to anybody? It's hard to get a bead on the source of this, so I'm wondering if anybody has at least seen something similar.

Thanks (and apologies for the long question)!

Justin

EDIT: Driving me batty, not driving my batty.

I've found the source of the problem, but now there's a new question: Is this a LabVIEW bug? It looks like one to me.

It appears that the Waveform Graph control stops responding to the Zoom to Fit tool any time there is a control/indicator overlapping (and in front of) the plot area of the Waveform Graph control. I've tested this in LabVIEW 7.1.1 and 7.1. I'd be interested to hear if it happens in other versions, because I swear I should've run into this before.

A demonstration VI is attached. Anyone care to verify?

Download File:post-2992-1131134022.vi

I've found the source of the problem, but now there's a new question: Is this a LabVIEW bug? It looks like one to me.

It appears that the Waveform Graph control stops responding to the Zoom to Fit tool any time there is a control/indicator overlapping (and in front of) the plot area of the Waveform Graph control. I've tested this in LabVIEW 7.1.1 and 7.1. I'd be interested to hear if it happens in other versions, because I swear I should've run into this before.

I can see the exact behavior you are describing here as well.

It looks like a bug to me.

This seems to be a bug. The scale to fit was added in 7.1 I believe. It didn't exist in prior versions. You can still scale to fit by using the X,Y scale to fit buttons as shown in the attached image. Another alternative is to create your own button and use property nodes to toggle the XY scale buttons circled in the image.

BTW, this is fixed in LV8.0 :thumbup:

post-2-1131220403.png?width=400