Error 6 error creating temporary LVSB resource

JHourigan

Has anyone ever seen this error upon start-up in LabVIEW 6.1.1?

"Error 6 error creating temporary LVSB resource"

This just started occuring on a machine with XP Pro SP2 operating system. The strange part is that for admistrator accounts logged in on the "university campus domain" LabVIEW starts without a hitch. For Users logged into the Local computer domain Labview displays the preceding error then shuts down.

The access priveleges menu is missing under the properties for Labview6i.exe.

A re-install of Labview did not solve this issue.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

I haven't seen exactly this error and the knowledge base on ni.com doesn't seem either (only a short check), but there are drawbacks, when running LV with restricted userrights. I'm fighting with simmilar problems when debugging code in production.

Try following workarounds:

- check that the user has WRITE access to the whole "National Instruments" directory tree

- if it's ok for your adminstrator try to change the userrights from "user" to "advanced user"

- check that all hardware driver (NI-DAQ, VISA,...) have the appropriate rights, esp. VISA is a bit a pain in versions before LV7 (VISA version <3.x).

- check with earlier Windows versions (win2k, XP without SP2) if this happens also. It could give you some ideas where the problem stands (user policy).

Has anyone ever seen this error upon start-up in LabVIEW 6.1.1?

"Error 6 error creating temporary LVSB resource"

This just started occuring on a machine with XP Pro SP2 operating system. The strange part is that for admistrator accounts logged in on the "university campus domain" LabVIEW starts without a hitch. For Users logged into the Local computer domain Labview displays the preceding error then shuts down.

The access priveleges menu is missing under the properties for Labview6i.exe.

A re-install of Labview did not solve this issue.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

When LabVIEW loads any VIs containing CINs or sometimes also other files, it extracts certain file components such as the CIN code resource from the VI and writes it in the temporary folder to load it from there. Obvious solution would be to adjust the temporary folder setting for the affected users to point to a directory they have write access to or probably less easy, change the standard temporary folder access rights to allow those users write access to it.

Rolf Kalbermatter