OPC Server Communication

Hello Forum,

we're using a OPC DA 2 compliant OPC Server that works fine when connected from Nationals OPC Server Explorer. If I try to setup a connection from within LabView there is an error message saying that : IOPCBrowseServerAddressSpace interface is not implemented. Is this something we have to accept or is there a workaround / patch ....

Thomas

Hello Forum,

we're using a OPC DA 2 compliant OPC Server that works fine when connected from Nationals OPC Server Explorer. If I try to setup a connection from within LabView there is an error message saying that : IOPCBrowseServerAddressSpace interface is not implemented. Is this something we have to accept or is there a workaround / patch ....

Thomas

Try this suggestion from NI Dev Zone:

LabVIEW 7.1 implements some new security features dealing with DCOM that were not in 7.0. Windows is moving in this direction, and National Instruments decided to follow suit. 7.1 requires a certain level of authentication from the server. If this is the issue in your case, it can be resolved with the following steps (this is for Windows XP; CE will probably be different):

1. On the computer hosting your OPC server select "Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Component Services.

2. On the tree on the left, expand "Component Services >> Computers >> My Computer >> DCOM Config.

3. Your OPC server should be registered as one of these items. Right-click on your server and select "Properties."

4. On the "General" tab, change the "Authentication Level" to "Connect."

If this property is already set to Connect or Default (and the default setting is Connect) then this will have no effect.

You can also try checking some of the other settings:

1. On the computer hosting your OPC server select "Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Component Services.

2. On the tree on the left, expand "Component Services >> Computers >> My Computer

3. Right-click on My Computer and select "Properties."

4. On the "Default Properties" tab, make sure "Default Impersonation Level" is set to "Identify."

You may also want to look at the "COM Security" tab to make sure your computer has the right permissions.

If all else fails, you can try adding the line "ole.AuthnLevel = 1" to the LabVIEW.ini file. This should reverse some of the changes to 7.1.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Forum,

Thomas

Hi

Try the opc connection via Datasockets first, I mean open Datasocket and browse for OPC servers present.

You can also find in the examples which are placed in LabVIEW.

Regards

Ashutosh C

;)