DAQmx Base Read (Analog 2D DBL Nchan NSamp)

decyL

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem - I create a very simple VI (DAQmx read in a loop - output to a chart):

post-181-1143480568.jpg?width=400

and I create the channel in my LabVIEW 8 Project. When run in the LabVIEW development environment it works fine

post-181-1143480338.jpg?width=400

but once built I get error -200428 "Value passed to the Task/Channels In control is invalid. The value must refer to a valid task or valid virtual channels."

post-181-1143480396.jpg?width=400

Anyone got any ideas? (I've attached the full project in a zip)

Download File:post-181-1143480404.zip

I'm having the same problem - I create a very simple VI (DAQmx read in a loop - output to a chart):

and I create the channel in my LabVIEW 8 Project. When run in the LabVIEW development environment it works fine

but once built I get error -200428 "Value passed to the Task/Channels In control is invalid. The value must refer to a valid task or valid virtual channels."

I posted this to Info-Labview

Chris

It appears to be a permission problem... if you copy the nidaqmx.ini file to c:\ and edit the "NI-DAQmx.ApplicationStorageFile" parameter in the apps .INI file to point to the c:\NI-DAQmx.ini , it should work.

Dan

It appears to be a permission problem... if you copy the nidaqmx.ini file to c:\ and edit the "NI-DAQmx.ApplicationStorageFile" parameter in the apps .INI file to point to the c:\NI-DAQmx.ini , it should work.

Also from Info-LabVIEW: Thanks for the suggestion Dan - it cleared my mind! :) Actually, it's not a permissions issue, it's that the builder creates the wrong path in the application's .ini file - my NI-DAQmx.ApplicationStorageFile was set to "applicationfolder\nidaqmx.ini", where it should have been just ".\nidaqmx.ini" - looks like a bug to me!

Good catch. We have verified that this is in fact a bug with the ways in which paths are formed in certain situations. We are looking into a solution to this issue and hope to have it resolved in a subsequent DAQmx/LabVIEW release. In the mean time there are two ways to work around this bug

1. Modify the build spec's "Destinations->Support Directory" to be a sub-directory of the

"Destinations->Destination Directory" location. "data" is the default sub-directory

when a build spec is created.

2. After building the app, hand edit the <application name>.ini file and change

the NI-DAQmx.ApplicationStorageFile key to be an absolute path to the .ini file or a relative

path to the .ini file without a ".\" before the path

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...