Select Node Wish

alphaone

The following diagram is not efficient, thought we can use "Select Structure", i hope some improvement on "select node" that pre-judge which branch will be executed. :)

BTW, i hope the "hot-key" for the popup menu on diagram.~~ i like use the keyboard instead of mouse click~.

alphaone,

I'm sorry, but in Labview, the way you have diagramed it, is the "Basic" equivalent of:

i = 0

j = 0

for k = 1 to 100

next k

input l

if l = 1 then m = j

else m = i

no matter how you cut it, you still get zero, but no matter what you do you have wasted 100 loops getting nowhere...

;)

However, if you want to branch and conditionally decide if you want to go nowhere FAST or nowhere slow, the folowing diagram will get you nowhere at your desired pace.

post-2931-1133504899.png?width=400

post-2931-1133504923.png?width=400

Download File:post-2931-1133504940.vi

Regards,

-Pete Liiva

alphaone,

I'm sorry, but in Labview, the way you have diagramed it, is the "Basic" equivalent of:

i = 0

j = 0

for k = 1 to 100

next k

input l

if l = 1 then m = j

else m = i

no matter how you cut it, you still get zero, but no matter what you do you have wasted 100 loops getting nowhere...

;)

However, if you want to branch and conditionally decide if you want to go nowhere FAST or nowhere slow, the folowing diagram will get you nowhere at your desired pace.

post-2931-1133504899.png?width=400

post-2931-1133504923.png?width=400

Download File:post-2931-1133504940.vi

Regards,

-Pete Liiva

Liiva,

Well, the for loop is just a example as "doing some time-cosuming job", i don't care the result. I mean that I don't hope the useless operation on the useless branch. It's better that the "select node" judges the condition first, then select one branch to operate,just like "Select Structure".

BR.