Tree control in Array

I'm trying to enter a tree control in an array, and I want the contents of each "tree" in the array to be different. However, whenever I add a string to the tree in one array cell, it shows up in the trees in all other array cells. Is there any way to "decouple" these trees?

I think an array of trees to be a bad UI solution. Aside of that it won't work in LabVIEW as you would like. A LabVIEW array element can only have different data for the individual elements in the array but shares all the attributes for every element. The data in a tree control is the tag of the currently selected node but the tree representation is really all constructed from attributes of the tree control and therefore will be the same for all array elements. But as said above I think you are trying to create an UI solution which will be anything than easy to understand for a potential user anyhow, so you really should reconsider your approach.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 1 month later...
I think an array of trees to be a bad UI solution. ..<snip>.. But as said above I think you are trying to create an UI solution which will be anything than easy to understand for a potential user anyhow, so you really should reconsider your approach.

I second the suggestion. You should rethink/implement this. Consider a single tree on the FP and give your user a single column listbox to select which "tree" data structure from the internal array to display and edit on the FP. If you need your user to compare items in two trees then place two trees on the front panel and give each a pull-down menu or lstbox to select from. The array of trees idea is a problematic one at best.