Taking data with Yokogawa mx100

budi

Has anyone experience connecting Yokogawa MX100 and LabVIEW ?

I have this problem...

I have got the LabVIEW driver from Yokogawa website and than started to built the LabVIEW program to take the data from MX100.

This MX100 has the capability to measure in 10 ms interval rate. Using I tried to make a loop with 10 ms period. And than I tried to change the coltage rapidly. But it seems the LabVIEW Program only can detect voltage change every 100 ms. I have used Yokogawa program and it worked.

But using Labview I can have other possibility to modify the program as I want.

So, if anyone has such experience , please please tell me...

I have been stucked in this problem for last days

Thanks in advanced.

I have this problem...

I have got the LabVIEW driver from Yokogawa website and than started to built the LabVIEW program to take the data from MX100.

This MX100 has the capability to measure in 10 ms interval rate. Using I tried to make a loop with 10 ms period. And than I tried to change the coltage rapidly. But it seems the LabVIEW Program only can detect voltage change every 100 ms. I have used Yokogawa program and it worked.

Thanks in advanced.

The way the Yokagawa MX100 driver is constructed it may be almost impossible to get 10 ms update rates. They read in multiple times huge amounts of data for configuration, scaling and such both for the system and module level and write all that data back to the device too. I only managed to get everything working reasonably fast by diving deep in the driver and take it apart to optimize the number of buffer read and writes. However I'm only doing analog input here, so I couldn't specifically help you with your output problem and the code I have is not specifically neat or clean but just functional and very specific for the datalog problem I had at hand. Took me a day or so to understand the structure of the driver a bit and another day to get it working.

Rolf Kalbermatter

I have this problem...

Thanks in advanced.

Your email is very unclear. How are you communicating with the device? GPIB/Serial/USB/Ethernet?

I am guessing, you are using a canned example VI to acquire data?

Structure your code to set up the instrument in the required mode, and then put just the data acquisition commands in a loop with the required timing, to speed up the processing.

Maybe you can set up the instrument in burst mode to acquire all the values and then transmit an array of values.

I am not sure what you mean by rapidly, but if you want fast deterministic control, use an analog control line on the instrument (if it has one). Connect the control line to an NI DAQ card, and then control the voltage output as rapidly as you desire. This should give you much finer control than GPIB.

Neville.