Chart stacked plots freezing LV

JPrevost

So I don't know if I have a problem with my install or not but here's how I replicate my error;

Create a chart, duplicate the scale, stack plots (instead of overlay), instant freeze and HD activity goes high. Any ideas? I hope this is a bug with a fix because right now I'm 540miles away from the install CD's meaning it's likely I'll be SOL.

Maybe it's time to upgrade to v8 :throwpc:

If it's my install, is there a fix that somebody could send me or a file to run a hex level compare on? Ni tech support was no help :(

Any :lightbulb: 's?

So I don't know if I have a problem with my install or not but here's how I replicate my error;

Create a chart, duplicate the scale, stack plots (instead of overlay), instant freeze and HD activity goes high. Any ideas? I hope this is a bug with a fix because right now I'm 540miles away from the install CD's meaning it's likely I'll be SOL.

Maybe it's time to upgrade to v8 :throwpc:

If it's my install, is there a fix that somebody could send me or a file to run a hex level compare on? Ni tech support was no help :(

Any :lightbulb: 's?

Heu, may be it is too late for me now, but what do you mean by "duplicate scale" ?

Trying what you describe (without "duplicate scale") does not crash labview 7.0 for me

PJM

I'm surprised that NI support was no help. I was able to reproduce it in 2 mins even in 711. Must be a reported bug already... strange. All I did was:

1. New VI
  2. Placed a Chart
  3. Right-Click>select>stack plots
  4. Right-Click>select>Visible Items>Scale Legend
  5. Then click on the bottom right corner of the scale legend and stretch it down one element (it's an array).
  6. Click on the lock button.

Enjoy.

post-2-1136972946.gif?width=400

I'm surprised that NI support was no help. I was able to reproduce it in 2 mins even in 711. Must be a reported bug already... strange. All I did was:
  1. New VI
  2. Placed a Chart
  3. Right-Click>select>stack plots
  4. Right-Click>select>Visible Items>Scale Legend
  5. Then click on the bottom right corner of the scale legend and stretch it down one element (it's an array).
  6. Click on the lock button.

Enjoy.

Indeed, Now I can reproduce this in 7.0, 7.11 and 8.0 on my Win XP machine. It crash also if step 6 is any interaction with the newly created scale legend.

PJM

I don't get an error message, my session just freezes up. Here are the exact steps;

1. New VI

2. Placed a Chart

3. Right click on the Y scale and duplicate scale

4. Right click on the chart elsehwere (not the scales) and stack plots

FREEEEEZE and LV crashs.

Understandably if you reverse steps 3. and 4. you can't duplicate scale!

I guess I need to find a visual of the overlay vs stepped plots means. I thought it was 2 seperate charts that share the same tools and X scale.