my ADO-Toolkit for LabVIEW 8

Appreciated i2dx.

I know perfectly that I am beginning to know on databases, it is possible that I have abused of your knowledge, but if I had the opportunity to share my knowledge for a person that needs it with a lot of pleasure I would make it, as well as to you you are facilitated this topic to my they are facilitated others that would be you in a future.

I would like you to help me in what I need and maybe I could help you in electronics that is my specialty.

I did not want to blame you, and I apologize, if you understood my last post in that way. But fact is: it's almost impossible to support a database development through a forum - I can help with direct questions like "This SQL query gives me an error ..." but I can not help with database design and query design, because, I am not into your data, your code, etc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not want to blame you, and I apologize, if you understood my last post in that way. But fact is: it's almost impossible to support a database development through a forum - I can help with direct questions like "This SQL query gives me an error ..." but I can not help with database design and query design, because, I am not into your data, your code, etc

Don't worry i2dx.

I don't want that you make me the code, the only thing that I request you is an example.

For example in to example ado-bsp_2 you use a database and (adobsp.mdb) inside her you have a series of data, the only thing that I want to learn how to make is as to consult a column of a database from a contron string and to visualize the result of the consultation in an indicator string.

It would value your help a lot since it is of supreme importance for the finalization of my project, and I swear you that I don't bother you but with this topic.

And thank you for your previous help since turned on a very important light to advance the code that I am developing.

Don't worry i2dx.

I don't want that you make me the code, the only thing that I request you is an example.

For example in to example ado-bsp_2 you use a database and (adobsp.mdb) inside her you have a series of data, the only thing that I want to learn how to make is as to consult a column of a database from a contron string and to visualize the result of the consultation in an indicator string.

It would value your help a lot since it is of supreme importance for the finalization of my project, and I swear you that I don't bother you but with this topic.

And thank you for your previous help since turned on a very important light to advance the code that I am developing.

Forgive me clerf, but this it is a direct question for i2dx, I believe that be clear.

Then because you don't help me instead of criticizing what I need.

thank you :question: :question: :question:

Man look

If he finds the code that I attach a copy of a task I would like him to tell it to me in my face. I have already had experience during all my career with labview, also to make clarity I am no longer any student, for their information I am ELECTRONIC ENGINEER not meaning that to be professional I have to be an erudite in the database topic, for the opposite it is first experience that I have with them and thanks to i2dx I have had a great advance in the knowledge of databases.

I suggest to you and I request the favor to you that before making asseverations of this type; it verifies in decent way who is who.

Suddenly in a future I can serve you in something that you need and you that I will make it with a lot of pleasure.

And if for something I have been distinguished in the life it is to be right in my professional things, and when I have to look for help like it is the case I make it without any fear.

Thank you.

Download File:post-6467-1160971350.vi

Exactly what about "Flameware taken offline" did you not understand?

I, as a non-native-speaker understand that as following:

flame --> what you can see, if something is burning

flameware --> a software, which is used to control or produce flames [ from flame and software, cause you americans really like abbrevations ;) ]

flameware taken offline means, he/she/it/whoever has ha software to control its oven, but it lost it's network connection, which will result in temperatures below zero in the living room ...

correct ? ;)

cheers,

CB

Thanks for the reality check CB! My mistake - I meant flamewar, more specifically a "pie fight" (also explained in the above link).

I know, what a flamewar is - I'm on the internet since 1995 (a so called early adaptor ;) - and I've seen many ;)

And, I recognized, that it was a typo, I just tried to make a funny comment. It seems, that this did not work that good ;( ... maybe I have to recalibrate my sense of *humor*? ...

I know, what a flamewar is - I'm on the internet since 1995 (a so called early adaptor ;) - and I've seen many ;)

And, I recognized, that it was a typo, I just tried to make a funny comment. It seems, that this did not work that good ;( ... maybe I have to recalibrate my sense of *humor*? ...

Funny comment noted and enjoyed - I was just trying to highlight the meaning to our less-experienced users :D YOur sense of humour is always appreciate here CB!

At the risk of hijacking this thread even further: Ahh - the internet in 1995 - how I remember pre-browser days when you had to log on to your bulliten board using your 1200bps modem :P

Funny comment noted and enjoyed - I was just trying to highlight the meaning to our less-experienced users :D YOur sense of humour is always appreciate here CB!

puhh ;)

At the risk of hijacking this thread even further: Ahh - the internet in 1995 - how I remember pre-browser days when you had to log on to your bulliten board using your 1200bps modem :P

1200 baud, yea, THAT was SLOW and EXPENSIVE :D ...

luckily I started with a 14.400 baud modem - on compuserve - that was a little bit faster and EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE :D (we had no free local calls in Germany)

Man look

If he finds the code that I attach a copy of a task I would like him to tell it to me in my face. I have already had experience during all my career with labview, also to make clarity I am no longer any student, for their information I am ELECTRONIC ENGINEER not meaning that to be professional I have to be an erudite in the database topic, for the opposite it is first experience that I have with them and thanks to i2dx I have had a great advance in the knowledge of databases.

I suggest to you and I request the favor to you that before making asseverations of this type; it verifies in decent way who is who.

Suddenly in a future I can serve you in something that you need and you that I will make it with a lot of pleasure.

And if for something I have been distinguished in the life it is to be right in my professional things, and when I have to look for help like it is the case I make it without any fear.

Thank you.

Hi i2dx, I can't open it because i have Labview 8.0, can you help me change the version of the archive?

Thanks.

Man look

Thank you.

Hi i2dx.

I have labview 8.0 and i can't open the file that you send me, can you change the version of this file?

Thanks.

Hello i2dx.

In these moments I am trying to create the installer of my database application, but when I execute it appears me the message of error "the database file does not exist!" does error number 5012, that way should carry out my installer and where I should locate the file of my database?

Thank you.

double strip the path or use absolute path names.

In a LabVIEW exe, the Path to the main VI is somefoldername\executable.exe\main.vi ...

cheers,

CB

• 1 month later...