how to open and close serial port?

Gunjan

Hi everyone,

I am new with LabVIEW. This is the first project I am doing. I want to use Labview as a Hyper Terminal, But I am unable to determine how do I open and Close Serial port before and after the session. So that the port is free for other applications.

Thanks

Serial communication in LabVIEW works through the NI-VISA infrastructure. All the VIs you need can be found in the Instument I/O>Serial palette. You don't have to open the port (although you may need to configure it), but to close it you use Visa Close. You can probably find quite a few examples in the example finder (Help>>Find Examples). You should try looking up some tutorials to learn more about LV.

Hi everyone,

I am new with LabVIEW. This is the first project I am doing. I want to use Labview as a Hyper Terminal, But I am unable to determine how do I open and Close Serial port before and after the session. So that the port is free for other applications.

Thanks

Take a look at Scott Hannah's Serial library; it already has a simple terminal emulator.

http://sthmac.magnet.fsu.edu/labview/vi_library.html

Neville.