Limits using Excel / Word Example

From INFO-LabVIEW

Could you insert Excel sheets using OLE into the Word document? It might be easier to use named cells to retrieve the values, and if the limits are based on calculations, then the updating of the Word document could be "automatic".

Using Excel could separate the data from the presentation and still meet your requirements for Word.

For simple example Excel and Word files, see http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?showtopic=2533

NOTE: Someone posted an Info-LabVIEW reference to an ActiveX example of Read from Excel. I've edited this vi and combined it with the example Excel and Word doc. The attachement has been updated...

-----Original Message-----

From: Info-LabVIEW@labview.nhmfl.gov [mailto:Info-LabVIEW@labview.nhmfl.gov] On Behalf Of Seifert, George

Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:47 AM

To: Info-LabVIEW@labview.nhmfl.gov

Subject: RE: Linking to specs in a Word doc

The reason we're using a Word doc is because that is how all of our top level docs are stored. The docs have to be approved and archived. The procedure is pretty well cast in stone. So I thought rather than copy by hand or copy and paste from the Word doc I would create a routine to either pull the specs from the doc at runtime or pull the specs and stuff them in an ini file. Most likely I will do the latter whenever updates are made to the Word doc. We have 20 or so test stations so I need to make sure they all have the same spec limits to work with. Updating them by hand isn't a good option.

What I think I'll do is require the first row in the table be an easily identifiable marker. From there it's easy to grab the contents of each table and if the marker matches what I'm looking for then I can use the contents of the table.

Download File:post-949-1137682256.zip