Do you use the LabVIEW 8.0 project environment?

You might have seen the recent thread asking, "is it time to deploy LabVIEW 8.0 yet?" If you have started using LabVIEW 8.0 regularly, I have some questions for you about the project environment. Please answer the poll questions at the top of this thread, and if you have any explainations or questions then please feel free to reply.

Thanks,

Hi Jim:

I've added my vote to the tally: For almost every project/no it doesn't bother me/Yes and more.

But, I wouldn't put too much weight on my vote. (It certainly doesn't rate the 50% weight is has now, when only one other person has voted.) I've only done one project since I switched to LV8, a pretty simple one where the project environment met all my needs. I've still got a ways to go before I understand its capabilites fully, and I'm sure we'll all find some real warts when we try to do things which are really sophisticated-- always works that way with new capabilites, doesn't it?

I never really liked the old system though. Some new features that I really think are an improvement--

* Being able to build an exe without closing the vi's that go into it,

* Having a single project environment which lets me build just an exe file, or the whole installer, without fussing to change things, and

* The similarity of the user interface to IDEs for other languages I use like C++ or Fortran.

Best Regards, Louis