PPI (Plan Position Indicator)

SonarRob

I have been trying to figure out how to create a PPI data view using LabView 7.1. A Plan Position View, for those that don't know that term is similar to a color weather radar view. Sweeping radar's use this to diplay data in a range-bearing (polar angle) format. LabView only comes with a simple polar plot that displays one data point/angle in degrees. I have created this in Delphi before but need to do it in LabView.

Anybody have some ideas on how to do this?

Thanks.

I have been trying to figure out how to create a PPI data view using LabView 7.1. A Plan Position View, for those that don't know that term is similar to a color weather radar view. Sweeping radar's use this to diplay data in a range-bearing (polar angle) format. LabView only comes with a simple polar plot that displays one data point/angle in degrees. I have created this in Delphi before but need to do it in LabView.

Anybody have some ideas on how to do this?

Thanks.

Just like the polor plot your best bet would be to use the Picture Control. Alternatively if you have somewhere an ActiveX control that provides this interface you could go with that, but that will be then a Windows only solution and depending on your LabVIEW version may be more or less stable.

Rolf Kalbermatter