acquire sound from line in sound card

linux120

Can I acquire a signal from the LINE IN of the my PC sound card?

You should be able to. Your avatar name suggests that you might be running LabView in Linux, and this might make things a little more difficult. I do have sound working on my LV 7.0 installation using a modified Mandrake 9.2 distribution. But I've found that sound does not work as "well" yet for me as it does running on Win XP.

If you open up the "Find Examples" application in your Help menu, you'll find a number "sound" examples. The very first one that lists on my Example Finder is "Record Wave File.vi". I do know this VI works with my microphone input in both Windows and Linux. But I have not tried it with the Line In input. (My laptop here does not have a Line In)

Good luck.

You should be able to. Your avatar name suggests that you might be running LabView in Linux, and this might make things a little more difficult. I do have sound working on my LV 7.0 installation using a modified Mandrake 9.2 distribution. But I've found that sound does not work as "well" yet for me as it does running on Win XP.

If you open up the "Find Examples" application in your Help menu, you'll find a number "sound" examples. The very first one that lists on my Example Finder is "Record Wave File.vi". I do know this VI works with my microphone input in both Windows and Linux. But I have not tried it with the Line In input. (My laptop here does not have a Line In)

Good luck.

I use LabVIEW for Windows.................