can automatic detect circle or annulus in a image?

hi, can anyone tell me can labview automatic detect a circle or an annulus in a image without i drag the annulus on the image(using ROI tool). i have few images that have a annulus object at different position, is there any way i can detect automatically detect the annulus object ??

please..... :headbang:

thanks.... :)

If you are using IMAQ Vision you should save off ROI descriptions in a configuration file then at run time use "IMAQ Convert ROI to Annulus.vi" (I usually make a modified version of this) then feed the annulus clusters into "IMAQ Find Circular Edge".

This works pretty well, at least when grading Tequila limes :beer: :thumbup:

Hi;

your question is not clear? Do you want to detect the object automatically or you want to use the ROI automatically? Could you explain a bit more?

Hamid

hi, can anyone tell me can labview automatic detect a circle or an annulus in a image without i drag the annulus on the image(using ROI tool). i have few images that have a annulus object at different position, is there any way i can detect automatically detect the annulus object ??

please..... :headbang:

thanks.... :)