Exporting VI content (objects and connections)

Hello everyone,

I would like to obtain a list of the objects AND connections of the block diagram of a VI. In other words, I would like to find out from a VI what objects, subVIs etc. contains an other VI... Is this possible somehow?

(e.g. if we have two boolean controls, named Bool1 and Bool2, a boolean indicator, named Bool3, and these three are connected by the means of an AND gate - Bool3=Bool1*Bool2,

then I would like to obtain the content of my VI, which is either the formula Bool3=Bool1*Bool2, or something like a date packet

Controls: Bool1, Bool2;

Indicators: Bool3;

Objects: AND gate;

Connections: Bool1-1st input of AND gate, Bool2-2nd input of AND gate, Bool3-output of AND gate).

The Export Strings function from the Tools menu exports only a tagged list about the objects, without mentioning anything about the connections.

Hope you understand my question!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Lorant

theoretically this should be possible, but it will be lots of work, to realize this.

with the "BlockDiagram" Property-node, you get a array of references to "all Objects", which you can use to build a list of all objects on the BD. then you have to check the connections of the objects among each other and find out which connections exist.

Finding subVIs is easy: there is a "subVIs" Property.

• 2 weeks later...