GPIB string to Graph

acperrella

Hello,

This is stumping me and I'm sure it is becuase I don't really have a grasp on what the different formats are.

Basically I have a string of Data coming in from a GPIB device. The comma seperated data can be of arbitrary length and is of the form:

x1,y1,x2,y2,........

which I can read just fine.

I'd like to make that into a cluster so I can plot it on an XY graph.

What I tried to do is use "spreadsheet string to array" to make a 2D array, then index array to pull out row 0 and row 1, then use the bundle command to create an xy cluster.

Any ideas? Is it possible that some of the data in the form 1.000e-4 or similar is causing a problem?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hello,

This is stumping me and I'm sure it is becuase I don't really have a grasp on what the different formats are.

Basically I have a string of Data coming in from a GPIB device. The comma seperated data can be of arbitrary length and is of the form:

x1,y1,x2,y2,........

which I can read just fine.

I'd like to make that into a cluster so I can plot it on an XY graph.

What I tried to do is use "spreadsheet string to array" to make a 2D array, then index array to pull out row 0 and row 1, then use the bundle command to create an xy cluster.

Any ideas? Is it possible that some of the data in the form 1.000e-4 or similar is causing a problem?

Thanks,

Andrew

OK, "spreadsheet string to array" can't be used since there is no EOL in the data. Another approach is needed.

I'm going to try and brute force this with a for loop, but there seems like there should be an easier way.

-Andrew

OK, "spreadsheet string to array" can't be used since there is no EOL in the data. Another approach is needed.

I'm going to try and brute force this with a for loop, but there seems like there should be an easier way.

-Andrew

You can indeed use spreadsheet string to array. Wire a 1D array to the array type input and a comma as delimiter.

You can indeed use spreadsheet string to array. Wire a 1D array to the array type input and a comma as delimiter.

Hi jpdrolet,

That did work. I have a 1D string array with all of the original info. I'm still not sure how to split this single string into a cluster, but at least I've moved forward.

Thanks,

Andrew