Oddities in MAX

pallen

Again, this may or may not be an actual "bug". But according to the AE I spoke with at NI, it is a condition that has occurred for others as well.

One of my current projects has a large number of configured Tasks in MAX. (Over 100) Occasionally when I've tried to make changes to a channel, I'm unable to save the change due to an unknown error.

Once this error occurred, even changing the channel back to its original configuration would not work. Any attempt to save resulted in an error that listed nothing as it's "Possible Reasons". Unfortunately I don't have the error number that was generated. But a search for it only turned up posts by others that couldn't figure out what the error was. Even the NI AE had no idea.

The only work around I found was to delete the channel completely and shutdown MAX. Then, re-open and re-create the channel. It was not possible to re-create a channel of the same name without first closing MAX.

This occurred on a PXI-8196 with LV 7.1 and DAQ 8