recognition of characters

I am develop a system capable to make the recognition of characters and numbers, the problem is to make the correct acquisition of the characters it is necessary to be always in the same position and only do aquisition to the characters not to the photo in global for i can read them. how I make the acquisition of the characters in different photos. :headbang:

I am develop a system capable to make the recognition of characters and numbers, the problem is to make the correct acquisition of the characters it is necessary to be always in the same position and only do aquisition to the characters not to the photo in global for i can read them. how I make the acquisition of the characters in different photos. :headbang:

NI has an OCR add-on to IMAQ Vision. That works usually quite well.

But: even with the best OCR software the biggest problem often is to get an image that has enough information to allow a software program to analyze it. Things like cameras used, and even much more important the lighting conditions are often the part where you will spend more time with experimentation, than getting the program to analyze the data and do something useful with it.

Rolf Kalbermatter