Running LV7.1 application at WinXP startup

Hello -

I am setting up an application on a system that will not have a keyboard or mouse. The application will run on its own with minimal user intervention. The user will be able to press a few buttons on the touch screen for limited control.

What I need to do is get the application to run immediately when windows starts up...preferably the user will not see any of the Windows screens (ex desktop, task bar, Start button, etc.) When the user presses exit, the app will again shut down and exit windows without the user seeing any of the typical screens.

My question: Is there a way to do this? Is what I need to do primarily in Windows or can the LV app do what I need it to do? Does anyone have or know of any examples that I can see/use?

Thank You

What I need to do is get the application to run immediately when windows starts up...preferably the user will not see any of the Windows screens (ex desktop, task bar, Start button, etc.) When the user presses exit, the app will again shut down and exit windows without the user seeing any of the typical screens.

My question: Is there a way to do this? Is what I need to do primarily in Windows or can the LV app do what I need it to do? Does anyone have or know of any examples that I can see/use?

I know that you can change the Windows XP start up banner using software called ScreenBooty. I don't know if this is the only piece of software that will do this but I have seen thier software work. As for not seeing the desktop, you could set the desktop to black, and in XP you can turn off all the icons on the desktop, but I still think this might not give you what you want. Take a look at WinXP Lite which is software to help setup Windows XP provide the kiosk type atmosphere you are looking for. I don't know if it can be done, but let the LAVA boards know. WinXP lite has a free trial edition so maybe you could try that to see if it gives you what you want.

Chris