How To combine my 2 programs to make it on program

Hi

I am struggling on the last part of my project, which, consist to run two programs together (see attachment). The first program is implement to run a turntable (antenna receiver) to read the angle.

The second program is used to read the max amplitude of that particular angle.

NB: The transmitter is facing the turntable at 180degree. So we taking an antenna reading (angle and amplitude) according to transmitter

For example I want to take a reading from 110 to 170degree.

Because the receiver is facing the transmitter at 180 therefore 180degree on my representation is 0degree (180-180=0) where the first amplitude reading will be taken and the max value 0f 180 (0) will be save for a little while so that I can take the second amplitude reading at the starting point (110) which is = 110-180 =-70degree on my representation. From this point I can take a reading at each 1000ms and also save their max value while saving also their angle (let say a 0degree=? dB, (110-180) degree= -70degree=? (120-180) = -60=? And so on). The max amplitude value of 0 (180) will be subtracted from these amplitude values obtained so the result will be used to plotted against angle in XY graph where X=angle and Y = amplitude. (Where the high point will be 0(180) degree= 0dB on the graph and so on.

Download File:post-4215-1143587433.vi

Download File:post-4215-1143587545.doc

Hi

I am struggling on the last part of my project, which, consist to run two programs together (see attachment). The first program is implement to run a turntable (antenna receiver) to read the angle.

The second program is used to read the max amplitude of that particular angle.

NB: The transmitter is facing the turntable at 180degree. So we taking an antenna reading (angle and amplitude) according to transmitter

For example I want to take a reading from 110 to 170degree.

Because the receiver is facing the transmitter at 180 therefore 180degree on my representation is 0degree (180-180=0) where the first amplitude reading will be taken and the max value 0f 180 (0) will be save for a little while so that I can take the second amplitude reading at the starting point (110) which is = 110-180 =-70degree on my representation. From this point I can take a reading at each 1000ms and also save their max value while saving also their angle (let say a 0degree=? dB, (110-180) degree= -70degree=? (120-180) = -60=? And so on). The max amplitude value of 0 (180) will be subtracted from these amplitude values obtained so the result will be used to plotted against angle in XY graph where X=angle and Y = amplitude. (Where the high point will be 0(180) degree= 0dB on the graph and so on.

I am very sorry I fogot to mention that I am taking the amplitude reading from my spectrum analyser that means that when I am reading the angle value from my first program (turntable implementation) the spectrum analyser implementation also read the amplitude value. And there is one more I would like to ask, if anyone can give me an example how the 2 programs can be run in synchronizing.( means they run a this period of time and stop a this same period of time because I realise that my two program are not synchronized when I stop one the other is still runnig. I will be very happy if I have got a reply for my post because I am stacked on this particular and this is used for :throwpc: my final year project and also Iam running of time. Thanks u in advance for all your helps. Thanks. :throwpc:

I am very sorry but I visited your website and I did find any similar thing related to my project and it is in german language. I do not understand. So please if can be precised this will help. Thanks in advance for your futur reply.

ouh, sorry, the "my website" link is in my signature, it is there with every post, and was not intended as a specific link to a solution for your problems.

Ok, I don't know much abour your programm, but as far as you described it, it sounds to me, as if it would be the best way, to merge your two programms into one. I would programm the control of the turntable and the data-aquisition in one while loop, and all syncing problems are dust in the wind. Since you have developed the two parts (control of the turntable and the data aquisiton), it should be no problem, to merge them.

Or - to cut a long story short: I would do this:

post-885-1143795514.png?width=400

Or did I miss the track completely?

ouh, sorry, the "my website" link is in my signature, it is there with every post, and was not intended as a specific link to a solution for your problems.

Ok, I don't know much abour your programm, but as far as you described it, it sounds to me, as if it would be the best way, to merge your two programms into one. I would programm the control of the turntable and the data-aquisition in one while loop, and all syncing problems are dust in the wind. Since you have developed the two parts (control of the turntable and the data aquisiton), it should be no problem, to merge them.

Or - to cut a long story short: I would do this:

post-885-1143795514.png?width=400

Or did I miss the track completely?

Thanks u for your time spend on my problem. But may be there some misunderstanding about what I try to explain. I have got the 2 programs: 1is used to read the spectrum analyser and the 2e is to turn the turntable. Both are use GPIB. Now if I put them in the while loop. How am I got to link the stop function so both can stop at the same time? I hope my explaination will help u solve my problem. Thanks in advance.

hmm ... there are several possibilities:

you could use globals (yes, I can hear the others cry "ouch" ;) ) or you could use queues to send a stop command, or an occurence ... but that all will be difficult to realize, if you use executables, because each lv-exe has it's own runtime-environment ...

If you have LV 8 you could use shared variables ...

so, my proposal was, to incorporate the movement and the measurement into one programm, to avoid all this hassle ...

hmm ... there are several possibilities:

you could use globals (yes, I can hear the others cry "ouch" ;) ) or you could use queues to send a stop command, or an occurence ... but that all will be difficult to realize, if you use executables, because each lv-exe has it's own runtime-environment ...

If you have LV 8 you could use shared variables ...

so, my proposal was, to incorporate the movement and the measurement into one programm, to avoid all this hassle ...

The case is the 2 instruments are connected in parallel through my computer. As I said I want to measure Amplittude and the angle of an antenna. the turn table is taking the angle measurement while the Spectrum analyser is reading the Amplitude. Therefore the 2 programs must run at the same time and stop at this same time. If u have some examples to post to me that will help me. (example of 2 synchronizing device or program using GPIB). Unfortunitly I don't have LV.8 :D . My version is LV7.1 :) . Once again thanks for your reply.