Aquisition with usb_camera

Hi everybody, ....

I am new in labview and I have installed LabVIEW 7.1 and Vision assistant 7.1. Since i'll be working with a Webcam, i downloaded the NI IMAQ for USB cameras and installed it. The webcam that i have is Trust spacec@m 100 portable (12892)

The problem is that i can't make the camera work with LabVIEW.

1- When i launch Vision assistant 7.1, and try to acquire image from the usb camera, it tells me that the camera parameters are invalid and i can

funny... I happened to check out NI discussion forum, this is what NI fellow suggest/support user:

"

1. Roll back to SP1

2. Go to an Italian, Japanese, French, or English OS. These languages have work with the NI-IMAQ for USB driver.

"

Hmm... if I don't know any languages stated above, I have to use one of these OS? It's easier to just blame MS for languages localization, but it's hard to say if it's totally MS's fault. If NI (or whoever works on this) is smart enough (sorry), they should have made it languages independant...other than blaming MS. Seems NI is pretty busy enhancing this USB camera features.

Sometimes I felt pretty foolish to stay loyal to any company even I like one of their tool if they don't give it's users any room to be creative/interactive and kill everything extra other than just wanting users to follow the company entirely.

Whatever.

By the way, this is what I replied at NI forum:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...=180714#M180714

funny... I happened to check out NI discussion forum, this is what NI fellow suggest/support user:

"

1. Roll back to SP1

2. Go to an Italian, Japanese, French, or English OS. These languages have work with the NI-IMAQ for USB driver.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...=180714#M180714

Well,

NI has extended the USB driver to several extra languages including (out of memory):

Dutch

Chinese

Polish

and hopefully for rgouvasiur Portuguese [?] as well

But you have to download the dll from the NI forums board!

Ton

Well,

NI has extended the USB driver to several extra languages including (out of memory):

Dutch

Chinese

Polish

and hopefully for rgouvasiur Portuguese [?] as well

But you have to download the dll from the NI forums board!

Ton

That is not my point... I meant that NI should be able to provide a version that do not have to deal with language problem. Many directshow toolkit and applications don't have trouble to ask customers providing their OS languages. I know NI engineers are diligent to add more languages, but they don't have to.