Fatal Internal Error: "image.cpp, Line 12727

Hi Folks:

Ah well, I sort of hoped my troubles would be over when I upgraded to 8.0.1.

:thumbdown: Kind of foolish of me, huh?

I have built an executable file, seems to run fine when it is not maximized. However, if I maximize the display, and then exit, I get the following message as the application closes:

post-1144-1145983427.png?width=400

Kind of makes my application look shoddy, which isn't a good thing, since the client will be using it to demo an expensive new instrument to potential buyers. Client is already a little cranky about the clutter that LV8 installers put on his laptop, can geuss how he'll feel about this.

:throwpc:

:throwpc:

Might be time for me to go back to C programming, but would be happy to hear of any suggestions for how to fix.

Best Regards, Louis

Edit: Jennifer @ NI reports this is a known problem, also sometimes occurs when the user exits application with the Close Window X button. Only know to occur for applications which include certain kinds of things, but not yet sure what in my application triggers the problem. LM

You could just disable the close and re-size functions on the application window and force the user to use your own "exit" button to quit the application.

Maybe not the best way. But would avoid the error.

--Good suggestion, Thanks! That was going to be the second thing I tried, If the first thing I tried hadn't worked.

I reverted to version 7.1 and the problem went away.

LabView 8.0 / 8.0.1 has some really neat features, unfortunately it is buggy enough that the most useful feature is:

File>Save for Previous Version :thumbup:

Again, thanks for the suggestion & Best Regards, Louis

For anyone with a similar problem who can't, for some reason, go back to 7.1:

Jennifer at NI reports that some users have worked around similar problems by closing the front panel window under programatic control before calling the Exit LabView function. Haven't needed to test this myself-- but might be useful for others.

Best Regards, Louis