File version info

I would like to find a way to get the file version info of an exe. I have tried the file info from openG but it does not get the version info. I looked on the MS website and found the .NET function called file version info that is supposed to be under system diagnostics but when I bring up the constuctor node it does not show up :headbang: . Everything else that is supposed to be in there shows up. I want this info so that I can create a generic about dialog box for my exe. If anyone knows of an easier way to do this I would appreciate any answer.

Try this.

Download File:post-2002-1147105371.vi

Make sure you have the .Net Framework 1.1 and the Hotfix.

Thank you very much tim it works great. how did you get this getversioninfo to show up with an invoke node without a constructor node. I'm not used to using the .NET functions so if you could tell me how you did this I would appreciate it.

thanks

Thank you very much tim it works great. how did you get this getversioninfo to show up with an invoke node without a constructor node. I'm not used to using the .NET functions so if you could tell me how you did this I would appreciate it.

thanks

I figured it out for myself I just used the .Net reference instead of trying to use the constructor node on the block diagram and then selected the file info.

Thanks again for your help.