Big Math Calculations

Hi Mohammed

What you are asking is quite a trivial problem. However we are a bit like your maths teacher, we want to see that you have had a go at the problem yourself before we throw you the solution.

Also what is this in relation to, if it's your homework then this is the wrong forum.

Download File:post-5011-1147750985.doc

That is confusing, you use the label n for both the number of elements AND summation index. Also the result will be a scalar, not a 1D array.

What steps did you try to compute that summation?

By mistake I used same letter for label & index i.e. 'n'.

For clarification

'i' vary from 1 to N in step of 1

'j' vary 1 to N in step of 1

'm' & 'n' summation index will go from 0 to 3 in step of 1

And the result will be a scalar as you have rigthly pointed out.

Waiting for the solution

(The corrected eq. is given in attached file)

Hi Mohammed

What you are asking is quite a trivial problem. However we are a bit like your maths teacher, we want to see that you have had a go at the problem yourself before we throw you the solution.

Also what is this in relation to, if it's your homework then this is the wrong forum.

I can acknowledge you as my mathspost-949-053900100 1281960057_thumb.jpgpost-949-053900100 1281960057_thumb.jpg teacher, if you solve even a trivial problem like this

(In eq. there was a little mistake, for correction see the attachement)

Waiting for the solution

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In the mean time you could read LabVIEW help on arrays, For Loops, auto-indexing and related examples. :book:

You want to learn LabVIEW don't you?

Or use your math skills to factor these summations into a squared double summation?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In the mean time you could read LabVIEW help on arrays, For Loops, auto-indexing and related examples. :book:

You want to learn LabVIEW don't you?

Or use your math skills to factor these summations into a squared double summation?

For double summation it is very easy; I want to use your expertise in solving the problem for 'Four' summation

Download File:post-5011-1148040577.vi

Hi Mohammed

I want to share the solution which is a part of our big calculation program (ofcourse not a homework). I still want to have your attention for any mistake or further improvement.

Hi Mohammed

You are on the right track, your vi is producing the correct result but you need to clean your code up a bit by using shift registers to carry the sum and don't use constants on the count terminal of your for loops, pick the appropriate values from your 2D array using the Array Size function, it looks like you started to do that. Also there is no reason for the single for loop up the top that that iterates once.

Since you have attempted the problem and had a go I have attached my solution.

Download File:post-1058-1148056804.vi