Labview and Matlab

I would like to know whether I can convert my Matlab script into a Labview program.

With so much information as you provide, the answer should be "probably not". It depends on what you're doing in that script. But you have the "Matlab script node" in LabVIEW to import it (take note you still need Matlab installed in the machine).

Saludos,

Aitor

With so much information as you provide, the answer should be "probably not". It depends on what you're doing in that script. But you have the "Matlab script node" in LabVIEW to import it (take note you still need Matlab installed in the machine).

Saludos,

Aitor

I concur with Aitor having to do with the "Matlab script node" and needing Matlab installed on the machine. I had done this once myself to do a 3-d parabolic curve fitting to acquired data, which was easily done with the combination. I just had to feed my array data into the script node, paste the Matlab code into the script node, and the output gave me exactly what I needed!

If what you want is something that auto-magically convert a Matlab script into a Labview Diagram, I have certainly never heard of such a beast, though maybe through Labview scripting something like this is possible. On the other hand, if you have a Matlab script, AND you have Labview installed on your computer, BUT you don't have the Matlab APPLICATION installed on your computer, you could always manually program Labview to perform the same operations as the Matlab script. Just about anything you need to do in MatLab you should be able to do in Labview, sometimes with more effort and sometimes with less.

Just my :2cents:

-Pete Liiva

I concur with Aitor having to do with the "Matlab script node" and needing Matlab installed on the machine. I had done this once myself to do a 3-d parabolic curve fitting to acquired data, which was easily done with the combination. I just had to feed my array data into the script node, paste the Matlab code into the script node, and the output gave me exactly what I needed!

If what you want is something that auto-magically convert a Matlab script into a Labview Diagram, I have certainly never heard of such a beast, though maybe through Labview scripting something like this is possible. On the other hand, if you have a Matlab script, AND you have Labview installed on your computer, BUT you don't have the Matlab APPLICATION installed on your computer, you could always manually program Labview to perform the same operations as the Matlab script. Just about anything you need to do in MatLab you should be able to do in Labview, sometimes with more effort and sometimes with less.

Just my :2cents:

-Pete Liiva

Depending on how complex your script is and which functions it uses, another option is to use MathScript. This is a new feature in LabVIEW 8.0. It is accessible in two ways:

1) Interactively using the "Tools/MathScript Window..." menu.

2) Through the MathScript node.

The MathScript node allows you to type in your script and have it executed as part of your LabVIEW diagram. MathScript does not require the installation of Matlab. The grammar is identical to Matlab but not every feature or function call is supported (yet). If you're not using cell arrays or similar higher level structures, there's a good chance your code will run unmodified.

- Dirk De Mol

• 2 months later...