Modify custom control

My first goal is to be able to change the images associated with a boolean control.

If you just want to change the images once and forever, you can try the customize advanced option. If dinamically, an Xcontrol could be the answer (or even a picture, controlling its events). Now I can't remember a way of doing it with a script, and even it there's one, using it could be problem-prone, as all copies of that ctl would change, etc.

Saludos,

Aitor

If you just want to change the images once and forever, you can try the customize advanced option.

It is the way I go those days. I have customized a LOT of buttons this way.

I would like to be able to modify them dynamically, using one directory of images.

If dinamically, an Xcontrol could be the answer (or even a picture, controlling its events).

Now I can't remember a way of doing it with a script, and even it there's one, using it could be problem-prone, as all copies of that ctl would change, etc.

Saludos,

Aitor

Hmmm. One picture... That's an idea, I will consider...

But the simpler would certainly to be able to do the "customize advanced option" with a script

Thanks for your ideas.

Salutations

Matt

You cannot change the control with scripting of an executing VI. Scripting only operates on idle VI's (not running or reserved for running). There are many other ways to do this without using scripting. I'm moving this post to the UI forum.

That's ok for me. I do not need to operate on running vi's.

Only to be able to modify the images associated with about 200 customized buttons of one vi automaticaly. Then if I modify my images (that are also automatically generated by other means), I'm not to modify each control manually wich is certainly a good wrist exercise, but not very interesting.

I'm ok if you have any solution with or without scripting.

Salutations

Only to be able to modify the images associated with about 200 customized buttons of one vi automaticaly. Then if I modify my images (that are also automatically generated by other means), I'm not to modify each control manually wich is certainly a good wrist exercise, but not very interesting.

I'm ok if you have any solution with or without scripting.

Salutations

Are the 200 buttons the same or different? If the same, replace them all with a strict type def button, and then any changes you make to the typ-def'ed button will propagate to all of them.

Neville.