Block Diagram with Watermark

Hi all,

This is just to add a personal touch to my code.

I would like to differentiate my vi's from other vi's.

I have seen two ways to achieve this.

1. by adding a comment in my block diagram saying its my code.

2. use a unique background color for your block diagram.

But users can easily change these. Is there a better way like say putting a watermark image on your block diagram, and can this be done automatically for all new vi's I create.

Regards,

Justin

I am currently using LabVIEW 8.0.1 and the technique mentioned does not work in this version of LabVIEW.

I came up with a solution yesterday when I noticed a bug in one of the NI timed loop XNodes which I was unable to remove from the block diagram. Since XNodes require licensing you can use Extended Nodes instead to do the same thing. Create an Extended Node on the Block diagram that doesn't allow removal of the node from the block diagram. Since your Extended Node doesn't need to have any other functionality, it should be "quite simple" ;) . You can create an image of any size to be the icon for the Extended node water mark. I assume that you can also disallow moving of the node or even allow no changes to the block diagram alltogether. See Scripting section on Lava Forums for more information. You'll need LabVIEW 7.1.1 or earlier to create the node but it should work on Labview 8.0.1. with a small change (see my previous post).