FIND Dialog: Programmatic Access to ...

It would be nice for reporting and documentation to have programmatic access to the FIND Dialog and it's output. I know we can do some of this using scripting, but until NI opens the 8.x+ goodie bag we are stuck with 7.x and kludgy porting up to 8.

1. Create report of locations of item X

2. Boolean searches of items near each other

3. Reporting of LV and DLL calls to cross reference with doc's on the C code in external libraries

4. Various other searches

5. Saving of these in text files, spreadsheets when modifying older code

It would be nice for reporting and documentation to have programmatic access to the FIND Dialog and it's output. I know we can do some of this using scripting, but until NI opens the 8.x+ goodie bag we are stuck with 7.x and kludgy porting up to 8.

1. Create report of locations of item X

2. Boolean searches of items near each other

3. Reporting of LV and DLL calls to cross reference with doc's on the C code in external libraries

4. Various other searches

5. Saving of these in text files, spreadsheets when modifying older code

As far as I'm aware a large part of the find uitlity is not exposed at all to the LabVIEW diagram. Maybe that changed in LabVIEW 8 but in earlier versions the Find utility was a LabVIEW internal dialog that had direct access to all internal methods of LabVIEW without having to go through a VI server interface.

Rolf Kalbermatter