how can i make a pop up string?

mezga

Hi all,

I am novice in labview! I did a small vi. there is a control and a comparison (greater or equal). when the number in the control is greater or equal to what I specify at the beginning a string write a short message! How can I make that the string is only appear in the front panel when the comparison is true! so i want to see only the control and the number in it and when the number is greater or equal than something the string appear...

other question. I could not copy and paste picture from word or paint to here :( ... how can i do that?

If you have a problem with a VI that you have written, then post the VI here for us to look at. Often times someone will modifiy it quickly and post it back. So post your VI.

On the second question, about adding in images or VIs, please see this post

which describes how to do attachements. Also note the post after that one.

Cheers

PS: I hope everyone's coffee is as fine as mine is this morning

Hi all,

I am novice in labview! I did a small vi. there is a control and a comparison (greater or equal). when the number in the control is greater or equal to what I specify at the beginning a string write a short message! How can I make that the string is only appear in the front panel when the comparison is true! so i want to see only the control and the number in it and when the number is greater or equal than something the string appear...

other question. I could not copy and paste picture from word or paint to here :( ... how can i do that?

Hello Mezga,

All controls and indicators in LabVIEW have got a property to do them visible or no in the front panel. The name of the property is 'Visible' and to change it you must create a 'property node' of the indicator or control.

I attach you a very simple example.

Bye,

Download File:post-4923-1150377772.vi

Hello Mezga,

All controls and indicators in LabVIEW have got a property to do them visible or no in the front panel. The name of the property is 'Visible' and to change it you must create a 'property node' of the indicator or control.

I attach you a very simple example.

Bye,

hi JdP!

I could not open your file because i use labview 5.1 at my work, but i could make tha popup string by your info!!

thank you!

If you have a problem with a VI that you have written, then post the VI here for us to look at. Often times someone will modifiy it quickly and post it back. So post your VI.

On the second question, about adding in images or VIs, please see this post

which describes how to do attachements. Also note the post after that one.

Cheers

PS: I hope everyone's coffee is as fine as mine is this morning

Mike,

Completely off topic, but congrats on the <customize this text> designation!! :thumbup:

Well deserved, I might add.

-Pete Liiva