Fibonachi

Hello, im new to labview.

I'm trying to program those beginner programs like outputing the first 100 Fibonachi numbers.

But it seems that the variables in Labview are either read-only or write-only.

Am I right?

Wellcome to LAVA, then ...

you are right, but it seems you are using the local variables in a way which they are not intended to. I guess, you have done some programming in C or other text-oriented languages, so you are used to declare some variables before you implement your algorithm. If you programm in labview, forget any variables, think in wires. The wire is the variable. You don't have to declare it or create it, just drag your wire from the input to the output ...

What you need, to accomplish your task, is a while-loop, and one or more shift registers. Maybe you want to take a look at the LabVIEW fundamentals manual, or take a look at the examples, shipped with your copy. There is a nice tool, called example finder, which is started by clicking Help --> find examples, in LabVIEW, which presents the examples with some explanation in a tree menu.

cheers,

CB

Thanks for your reply. :worship:

I used the shift registers as you said, and it worked.

I guess I need to make a little switch from text languages and change my programming concepts.

you're wellcome.

I would not call it a little switch from text languages to labview. I can only talk for myself, but I needed some hours :blink::rolleyes: of developing experience in LabVIEW before I really understood the data-flow paradigm, and it's a sort of extra burden, if you are used to programm in text oriented languages (as I was before I got stuck in LabVIEW).

But if you have fun with your first steps in LV, I'm sure, you don't want to give it up again. 1. advantage: you'll never have to search for missing semicolons or parenthesis again ;) [except: you use the formula node ...] Ok, you'll start searching coercion dots and wrong connected "bundle" nodes instead, but that's a complete different storry ;)

cheers,

CB