Tektronix 3054 Oscilliscope + PXI chasis Help.

cubnstyl

Hi all,

I have a Tektronix 3054 Oscilliscope connected to a PXI chasis running Windows XP. I have the scope hooked up on both ethernet (with a eth switch) and GPIB. I am trying to design a VI that displays the time it takes to acquire a waveform through ethernet and then GPIB. I have created a very basic VI that has a ms timer at the start of data flow and another one at the end of the acquisition loop for each interface. The logic of this makes sense to me except the GPIB timer reads about 150 ms and the Ethernet timer reads 1.0 s + . This is obviously not right being that Eth is supposed to be faster. I think my design may be too simplistic. The VI has two while loops with stop buttons. The first loop establishes a VISA session through IP and uses an event loop timeout to send a waveform to a graph. The timers are obviosly within the data flow of this event loop. Once the IP whileloop breaks, the second identical loop starts after a new Visa initiation (the IP is closed after the IP loop) with GPIB interface. CAN I GET SOME HELP PLEASE! I have experience in Java and other object orientated languages, but I am obviously a LABVIEW newbie.

I would try reading the three channels sequentially using instrument handles and error in / error out clusters to control data flow. See if this makes any difference.

The TK Read sub-vi might be erroring out on the Ethernet side. Check the error out; it may have some information in it!

Example: I don't have the drivers for this instrument

post-949-1151694382.gif?width=400