where can i download vision assistant

Since the vision assistant is made by NI, wouldn't that be the logical place to look?

Anyway, I think it's part of the vision module, so you probably won't find it for download. You might get an evaluation version, though. You should talk to your local NI representative.

Since the vision assistant is made by NI, wouldn't that be the logical place to look?

:D I think what you're looking for is actually called NI Vision Builder AI, and yes, it is a commercial product of NI's - you've got to pay for it.

As an aside - for those out there that are into vision, the NI Vision Builder AI has certainly matured since the last time I saw it - we're currently using it on a visual inspection project and it is quite fully functional for process-type work. Rumour has it that version 3 is due out sometime soon and it'll be even better - well worth a look.

and yes, it is a commercial product of NI's - you've got to pay for it.
and yes, it is rather pricey, not for casual playing around, although well worth the price if you have a serious project to work on.
As an aside - for those out there that are into vision, the NI Vision Builder AI has certainly matured since the last time I saw it -

and *that* is really saying something in crelf's case:

Image Aquisition with LabVIEW :worship:

Speaking of that, and new features and API, etc, etc, ...

any chance that there might be a new, updated version on the horizon? :thumbup:

Image Aquisition with LabVIEW

Speaking of that, and new features and API, etc, etc, ...

any chance that there might be a new, updated version on the horizon?

Thanks for your kind words Mike :) There is a lot of opportunity to expand my book, and yes, it's getting a bit long in the tooth (Vision 6.1), but I'm not planning a new version just yet for a couple of reasons:

• There's still a lot of very useful information in the current version
  • I've got several other projects on the boil that are demanding a lot of my time
  • There's a bunch of exciting things going on at V I Engineering - it's a great place to work and I'm heavily (and happily) absorbed there for the moment :)

Now, if only I could squeeze a few more hours out of each day :unsure: I think a 30 hour day would just-about satisfy me...