no sound

I have been delevoping a VI to demodulate FM. Everything was going fine till I went to hear what the result was. I have no sound at all. However I dont think the issue is in my VI. I tried using the example "Continuous Sound Output.vi" and that doesn't work either. The error that's produced is: "Error 10403 at SO Config.vi in Continuous Sound Output.vi"

I haven't tried to use sound in labview until now. I have also tried closing the music programs etc (the obvious ones) in case they had reserved the sound card, but to no effect.

Any help would be much appreciated. This is part of a project which needs to have sound from labview.

Regards Paul :D

I have been delevoping a VI to demodulate FM. Everything was going fine till I went to hear what the result was. I have no sound at all.

Kia ora Paul! Please post any example VIs of things you've tried so far to we can point you in the right direction...

Kia ora Paul! Please post any example VIs of things you've tried so far to we can point you in the right direction...

Hey hows it going??

I have added my FM demod VI I am working on. It won't be any good without the data file tho. Download File:post-5499-1152144442.vi

The other VI I have tried is the "Continous Sound Output.vi" in the labview examples folder. Download File:post-5499-1152144397.vi

They are both set up the sound in the same way same really.

I am thinking it maybe a config problem.

Thoughts??

Cheers Paul

I have been delevoping a VI to demodulate FM. Everything was going fine till I went to hear what the result was. I have no sound at all. However I dont think the issue is in my VI. I tried using the example "Continuous Sound Output.vi" and that doesn't work either. The error that's produced is: "Error 10403 at SO Config.vi in Continuous Sound Output.vi"

I haven't tried to use sound in labview until now. I have also tried closing the music programs etc (the obvious ones) in case they had reserved the sound card, but to no effect.

Any help would be much appreciated. This is part of a project which needs to have sound from labview.

Regards Paul :D

Paul: I would recommend talking to NI about this one. It is probably an issue with LabVIEW talking to the Linux sound system.

Paul: I would recommend talking to NI about this one. It is probably an issue with LabVIEW talking to the Linux sound system.

Oops - the testing I did was under Windows, so that probably won't help you (I get the LAVA list as an RSS feed that only tells me the post titles, and not the category that it is posted in) - sorry about that. I agree with Jim - give NI a shout. Does Karina still work in the Sydney NI office? If so, she'll hunt down the answer for you - and pls say G'Day to her for me...

• 3 weeks later...
Cheers for the advice guys. I'll give them a bell. I am planning on upgrading the OS soon, so i'll do that first (Just in case).

Hello Paul,

Did you solve your sound problem?

I'm running 7.0 here, so I wasn't able to run your VIs tonight. Tomorrow I can find out how well my installation will handle a VI I've reverted in Windows.

Sound has worked for me on the two hardware platforms I've experimented with.

Current setup: Linux version 2.6.13-oci2.mdk (root@localhost) (gcc version 3.3.1 (Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-2mdk))

The distribution I'm using is PCLOS. (http://www.pclinuxos.com/news.php)

Good luck with your sound troubles.