Labview Java Servlet Interface

Hi. I am researching and making a plan for a project. The Goal is to Use LabView trough the internet with a java servlet to make circuits and designs in the front panel and back end (block diagrams).

I have to use Java (Servlet) , PHP, SQL, CGI in a project.

Is this feasible or am I aiming in the wrong direction.

If this VNC option is acceptable what whould it look like. Or will this method not be possible?

It seems this plan of action seems impossible since there is no docs available on LabView Scripting...for the way I want to use it for.

But it is possible to send to the VI the same way a VI sends to another VI as scripting language ..but just with JAVA code.But there is no documentation and NI will not help :/

Looks like Ill have to redesign my project specs

There are several solutions for accessing LV front panels remotely, but they're basically for controlling the user interface, not the diagram.

You have the built in remote front panels, which require the RTE installed to have control, and you have LabVNC and AppletVIEW, which should work without it, but aren't exactly complete products.

It is possible that using a remote front panel inside LV to control the diagram will work, but I can't check at the moment. To connect to a remote front panel from LV you need to go to the Operate menu and select the Connect to Remote Panel option. Even if this would work, it would require to have LV installed on the other side.

The other option, as you mentioned, is to use VNC, which would give you control of the entire computer.