Installing LabVIEW via "LabVIEW for Everyone"

I'm new to LabVIEW. I have been trying to install the evaluation version of the application to my system (Mac OSX). I end up downloading a bunch of files, but no app. I called LabVIEW and they said that this problem has come up in the past with a Mac and that there is nothing they can do for me. The readMe refers me to NI for help and specifically tells me not to contact the publisher. Help please!

LabVIEW for Everyone includes the evaluation version of LabVIEW for Windows (but not Mac OS X or Linux) since this is the only evaluation version available from National Instruments. The most likely reason that there is not an evaluation version for Mac OS X or Linux is that these platforms do not support the product activation technology that is used by LabVIEW.

As Chris (crelf) mentioned, your best bet is to download the latest evaluation version from NI's website and/or to discuss your platform specific needs with them.