Streaming video and IMAQ (or others)

Hopefully this is the right category for this question..

Has anyone used LV for receiving streaming video?

The video stream is typically .wmv or .asf.

I was thinking of using the IMAQ toolset to develop a webtv receiver which would have PVR functionality.

PVR = Personal Video Recorder

I think there was a project done in Linux that provided a means to distribute audio / video over a local network and create a "video jukebox" of some sort.

JLV

Hopefully this is the right category for this question..

Has anyone used LV for receiving streaming video?

The video stream is typically .wmv or .asf.

I was thinking of using the IMAQ toolset to develop a webtv receiver which would have PVR functionality.

PVR = Personal Video Recorder

I think there was a project done in Linux that provided a means to distribute audio / video over a local network and create a "video jukebox" of some sort.

JLV

Don't know how to get this done in IMAQ, but I think the Linux 'jukebox' you are referring to,

is the MythTV project.

Yes, MythTv...that's what I meant.. Thanks Tom.

However, I don't think that it does what I want to do.

I'd like to either select programming from a local jukebox, or from Internet TV (streaming video).

Having similar features to MythTv would be a longer term hobby project.

JLV

I know that IMAQ wasn't designed to do this, but that doesn't mean LabView can't do it. If you are serious, you might want to check out VideoCapX which allows you to deal with a TV tuner (which you will need to get your PVR functionality) with realitve ease using ActiveX. The second part of PVR work is getting the TV schedule, and I'm sure that there is some way to do that with LabView, but I haven't tried it, yet. VideoCapX runs $80 for a single developer liscense with unlimited redistribution. BTW VideoCapX lets you playback video, and can also handle video streaming internally too...