'For' loops truncating a 2D array

plneo

Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone can advise me what is happening in this VI? (Note that my VI is only partially completely for its purpose.)

I have an array that is generated outside the 'for' loop. All I want to do is to use the 'for' loop and get a subset of the externally-generated array. The 2 'for' loops are used to calculate the index of the required subset of the array.

However, when I do the wiring, it seems to be that the external for loop is truncating my 2D array into a 1D array. What is happening here? Is there any way I can pass in an externally-generated 2D array into the 'for' loops for subsequent processing?

Thanks.

Download File:post-5479-1154533521.vi

Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone can advise me what is happening in this VI? (Note that my VI is only partially completely for its purpose.)

I have an array that is generated outside the 'for' loop. All I want to do is to use the 'for' loop and get a subset of the externally-generated array. The 2 'for' loops are used to calculate the index of the required subset of the array.

However, when I do the wiring, it seems to be that the external for loop is truncating my 2D array into a 1D array. What is happening here? Is there any way I can pass in an externally-generated 2D array into the 'for' loops for subsequent processing?

Thanks.

Right click on the input terminal of the for loops ans disable auto-indexing this will stop the for loop from indexing the array at the input.