help needed to unwrap the iris pattern..

:star: i am doing a project on iris recognition system..and i need help in how to convert the circular shape of iris to the rectangular(cartesian to polar i guess)

need help kindly help if someone knows abt it..

i am sure many of u know abt it

thnx

:star:

Another One Hit Wonder Homework Hustler ! (OHWHH)

Normal practice here on the forum has been to quickly roast such newbie's, :angry: but my coffee was pretty good this morning and I'm about to go for my second cup, so I'll be kind :shifty:

NI makes a vision toolkit that has a VI in it that does what you what. It is the IMAQ Vision Toolkit. I assume that since you are working IRIS recognition in LabVIEW that you already have the toolkit. The workstation that I am on at the moment does not have that Toolkit, but if you have it I suggest that you go through the palettes very slowly from start to finish til you find it.

I believe it is called something like "IMAQ - Unwrap Meter.vi" or something like that. It is used to unwrap a portion of a circular annulus, before useing OCR to read numbers off of a meter. Seems like I recall someone else working on something like this here on the forums before. So try to search the forums here for appropriate keyworks.

Lastly, why don't you post a VI showing us what you have already tried and explain what troubles you are still having. Then we can offer specific advice.

(Okay, for the regulars, I know, I know, I'm breaking my own rules here, "don't feed the bears", but the java was rich today...)

• 2 months later...