.NET lost connection with .dll

Could any one of experts out there help me? :)

I am currently developing a project by using .NET. However, the constructor node often lost its connection with dll supplied by agilent. (I am using .NET1.1. and have tried .NET2.0, however the dll didn't support that version for some reason.)

I would not expect it will automaticaly register with Labview, I don't expect it will automaticaly de-register from Labview either after I have manually linked constructor node with dll. It seems that if I create a new vi each time, I lost the connection, and all property nodes become empty.

Since Labview 7.0 is the first version that support .NET, is there any possibility that there is a small bug in Labview 7.0?

Many thanks in advance :P

william

Thank you Yen for your reply. I am sorry, I am a bit slow here, since lots of things are happening at my work.

It has fixed the register problem partly :headbang: . Basically, what I mean here is that the dll can be found at the drop-down manual if I double click constructor node (before I've got to browse to the right directory). I still can not glue that dll with my .NET constructor node for some weird reason.

Once again, Yen, your valuable help and time are highly appreciated.

Will

I know that the DLL has to be in the same directory as the top level VI, so when creating a new VI, which would be in a different directory, I would expect to you have problems, but those should be run-time problems, not edit problems.

Brian Tyler is the head of the LV .Net team and very active both on the NI forums and in his blog. I suggest you try searching both places for answers to this and if you can't find it, post a question to the NI LV board. Brian usually picks those up rather quickly.