selfmade trigger on pxi lane

i2dx

Hi folks,

I am searching for a possibility to send a "hand made custom" single digital pulse on a PXI lane, to trigger some of my DAQ-tasks. With traditional DAQ that could be done easily: (>>gimme one ping vasilli, only one ping<< ;) )

post-885-1156146101.png?width=400

does anyone know how to archieve this with DAQmx?

I know, I could use the AoStartTrigger, the AiStartTrigger, etc but this is plan B. Plan C would be to create one single pulse with a counter, but first of all, I'd like to be able to set a PXI Line "high" ...

thanks in advance,

CB

Hi folks,

I am searching for a possibility to send a "hand made custom" single digital pulse on a PXI lane, to trigger some of my DAQ-tasks. With traditional DAQ that could be done easily: (>>gimme one ping vasilli, only one ping<< ;) )

post-885-1156146101.png?width=400

does anyone know how to archieve this with DAQmx?

I know, I could use the AoStartTrigger, the AiStartTrigger, etc but this is plan B. Plan C would be to create one single pulse with a counter, but first of all, I'd like to be able to set a PXI Line "high" ...

thanks in advance,

CB

Hi,

I dont believe there is an exact equivant of this functionality in NI-DAQmx. There is a "DAQmx Connect Signal.vi that allows you route various signals to RTSI/PXI lines. You might try routing an internal clock to one of these lines to drive the line. Call DAQmx Disconnect Signal when you are done.

If you have multiple tasks that you want to start together, you can simply use the DAQmx Trigger vi in all the "slave" tasks, and specify "/DevX/aiStartTrigger" as the trigger source. DAQmx takes care of all the routing across the RTSI bus (assuming the devices are connected by RTSI).

Your plan B or C should work as well.

Rajesh Vaidya, Ph.D

Senior Software Engineer

National Instruments

P.S. Apologies for the earlier empty post.. hit the "add reply" button prematurely :oops:

Hi,

I dont believe there is an exact equivant of this functionality in NI-DAQmx. There is a "DAQmx Connect Signal.vi that allows you route various signals to RTSI/PXI lines. You might try routing an internal clock to one of these lines to drive the line. Call DAQmx Disconnect Signal when you are done.

If you have multiple tasks that you want to start together, you can simply use the DAQmx Trigger vi in all the "slave" tasks, and specify "/DevX/aiStartTrigger" as the trigger source. DAQmx takes care of all the routing across the RTSI bus (assuming the devices are connected by RTSI).

Your plan B or C should work as well.

Rajesh Vaidya, Ph.D

Senior Software Engineer

National Instruments

P.S. Apologies for the earlier empty post.. hit the "add reply" button prematurely :oops:

thanks a lot. I am allready using "plan B" in other projects.

If there is no such functionality in DAQmx, then I'll continue using plan B until DAQmx will get that feature :)

I wish I could say "of course it will be in the next release" :)

In all seriousness though, if you would like such a feature in NI-DAQmx, please email me a "feature request" describing

a) how you might use such a feature

b) the problems (if any) with existing alternatives.

This will be discussed at the new features "pow-wow", and might make the cut, especially if there are no good alternatives [ and if the HW folks assure us that such a thing is possible for the new DAQ architectures they are cooking up]

My email is: rajesh.vaidya@ni.com

Cheers,

Rajesh Vaidya, Ph.D

Senior Software Engineer

National Instruments

I wish I could say "of course it will be in the next release" :)

In all seriousness though, if you would like such a feature in NI-DAQmx, please email me a "feature request" describing

a) how you might use such a feature

b) the problems (if any) with existing alternatives.

This will be discussed at the new features "pow-wow", and might make the cut, especially if there are no good alternatives [ and if the HW folks assure us that such a thing is possible for the new DAQ architectures they are cooking up]

thank you. It's not THAT important. I don't want to bother the busy folks with such minor issues. Maybe such a feature comes back sometimes - or someone realy needs it, for whatever reason - but until then, I can wait :)

cheers

CB